I am a Philippines citizen, holding an ordinary passport, and I'm married to an American. We will be going to Northern Cyprus (KKTC/TRNC). I can get a visa for Northern Cyprus at the airport.

However, it seems that I need a transit visa or entry visa to Turkey, since we will have to leave the international terminal and take a domestic flight to Cyprus.

Any ideas how and whom to ask for this, since the e-Visa specifies Schengen visa holders need to be issued one. Technically, we are not going to Turkey, rather to Northern Cyprus. Any information is much appreciated.

  • 2
    You question is flawed. Flights to Northern Cyprus depart from the International terminal in Turkey.
    – Doc
    Jan 28, 2018 at 6:25
  • Thank you for the reply. However, the Turkish Airlines website noted that there's a need for a visa because the terminal change. Could it be wrong then? What do you suggest?
    – Kirt
    Jan 29, 2018 at 7:46
  • Picking a flight at random, yesterdays TK962 to Ercan departed from gate 201, which is in the international terminal.
    – Doc
    Jan 29, 2018 at 16:28
  • Also, if you have a US visa (which I'm guessing you may given you are married to an American) then you can get a visa on arrival ($30) or an e-visa in advance ($20). It's not needed, but at least it gives a backup plan.
    – Doc
    Jan 29, 2018 at 16:30

1 Answer 1


Flights to Northern Cyprus depart from the international terminal so you can go ahead and fly via Turkey. Enjoy your trip.

You must log in to answer this question.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .