I have extended I-797 for my H1-B (but not stamped yet, stamped visa is expired). Can I apply for a Schengen visa in the USA? Or, do I have to get the US visa stamped and, only then, I can apply for a Schengen visa from within the USA?

  • Can you provide visa officer with any supporting documents that prove you're waiting for a visa extension? – Oleksandr Kravchuk May 11 '18 at 17:42