I am married to a girl in the UK. We are now planing to apply for a spousal visa. I was refused under 320 7(a) in 2009 due to false bank statement submission. Will this automatic ban period affect this new visa application as it is a spousal visa and I was refused a student visa? Please help me find a way out if any.enter image description here

  • 1
    Can you upload the refusal notice with personal information blacked out? – DJClayworth Jan 23 '18 at 21:17
  • 2
    Let's find out. The main reason I want to see it is if the OP actually has a ban, or if it's the usual "If you apply again in the next ten years you may be banned" response. – DJClayworth Jan 23 '18 at 23:18
  • Dear all. Please see the attachement – S.f.t Jan 24 '18 at 7:55
  • 1
    @S.f.t Is there another page? The portion you attached doesn't mention false bank accounts. – Zach Lipton Jan 24 '18 at 8:12
  • Zach lipton please see tge attached pic – S.f.t Jan 24 '18 at 16:26

You were refused under 320 (7A) for providing a false document (bank statement) and, for that reason, under 245ZV(c), that you did not have sufficient funds to be a genuine student.

However, the encouraging bit is the exception, making application for a family visa, as a partner or spouse which does not attract the ban:

Immigration Rules part 9: grounds for refusal

A320. Paragraphs 320 (except subparagraph (3), (10) and (11)) and 322 do not apply to an application for entry clearance, leave to enter or leave to remain as a Family Member under Appendix FM, and Part 9 (except for paragraph 322(1)) does not apply to an application for leave to remain on the grounds of private life under paragraphs 276ADE-276DH.

Should you need guidance, you might want input from an immigration advisor, which you can find through the Immigration Law Practitioners' Association.

  • thanks for you guidence. Can yiu please guide me about the best solicitor or immigration lawyer around Birmingham or coventry region. – S.f.t Jan 25 '18 at 7:21
  • @S.f.t sorry, no, TSE offers direct answers to questions, not such advice which is subject to opinion. Just go to the ILPA search engine and select West Midlands, and it will return a slew of options. – Giorgio Jan 25 '18 at 14:07

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.