I am from Nigeria and I was given a month visa to join my husband and children in the UK. I was given a resident permit that will expire in 2019. I want to travel to Portugal with my husband. Do I need a visa extension for my traveling and coming back to the UK?


The 30-day visa is only relevant for your first entry, since your residence permit (BRP) can only be collected in the UK.

Now that you have a valid BRP, you only need that and a valid passport.

Should you lose your BRP sometime, you have to obtain a temporary visa to get back in.


No. With a valid residence permit, you do not need a visa.

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.