I am a Vietnamese national and have been studying in Finland for the past 3 years. I have a student residence permit, which is renewed every year.

This year, I am going on an exchange in Lithuania for a year. Because of that, I do not have any grounds for a Finnish student residence permit.

The Lithuanian embassy in Finland issued me a national Type D visa. I have arrived in lithuania but there was no border control between Lithuania and Finland.

Will my visa still be valid? I wish to travel outside Schengen (to Belarus) and come back. Is this allowed? Belarusian authorities want to see a Schengen visa that has been used at least once. What does it mean?

  • I guess you should ask on Expatriates Stack Exchange, not here.
    – o.m.
    Jan 10, 2018 at 5:54
  • Your Lithuanian visum seems to be a Schengen visum, and since you are in Lithuania you are using it. If the Belarus ppl wants to see a stamp you could get one from the Lithuanian border ppl, perhaps. It should say one the Visum in your passport if it is valid for Schengen area or only Lithuania.
    – Tomas By
    Jan 10, 2018 at 5:58
  • The thing is there aren't any entry stamp because I entered Schengen area through Finland when my old Finnish residence permit are still in activated. But now it is expired, and I entered lithuania from finland so i have no idea if it is allowed to be use.
    – Ha Tran
    Jan 10, 2018 at 7:58


Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.