I'm a permanent resident of the USA with a green card obtained as a direct result of refugee status (refugee from Russia). I have a travel document issued by the USA (I-571). I am planning to travel to Europe for a month to visit my relatives there (they'll be flying from Russia) and visit around 8 European countries. The closest is approximately 600 miles away from Russia. I am going to get a Schengen visa for my Travel Document and not going to use my Russian passport. Should I have listed all the countries I am planning to visit in my application for the Travel Document (I-131)? What are the chances that I won't be allowed back to the US? Will it have a negative impact on my future citizenship application? Has anyone done it before?

  • If you already have a refugee travel document, why are you applying for another one? Is it expiring? – Michael Hampton Jan 7 '18 at 7:44
  • @MichaelHampton Oh sorry, the original question was "Should've I listed",but it was edited by somebody. – J.Doe Jan 7 '18 at 16:25
  • What countries did you specify on the application, and why didn’t you list all those you were intending to visit? Just from looking at the guidance notes to the I-131, I see it states Any travel document obtained by making a material false representation or concealment in this application will be invalid and If you knowingly and wilfully falsify or conceal a material fact or submit a false document with this request, we will deny your Form I-131 and may deny any other immigration benefit. In addition, you will face severe penalties provided by law and may be subject to criminal prosecution – eggyal Jan 9 '18 at 10:58
  • Perhaps the safest thing to do (if you have time) is to reapply for a new I-571, with the full details of your trip? You will of course need to return your existing I-571 as part of the application process. – eggyal Jan 9 '18 at 11:00
  • Or change the planned trip to conform to the application, and only visit the countries you listed. – Patricia Shanahan Jan 9 '18 at 13:38