I am a Canadian citizen with a Canadian passport, I am considering a flight with an overnight layover in Chengdu. I am just looking for a place to crash. Will I be able to stay in a hotel? How will I know which hotel I can stay in? Will I need a short stay visa?

I am new to traveling. Thanks in advance.


Canadian citizens do not require a visa if:

  • Visiting Chengdu for up to 72 hours.
  • In a transit between 2 pre-purchased international flights.
  • Traveling via Chengdu Shuangliu International Airport.
  • Passport must be valid for at least beyond 6 months from the day you expect to leave China.

Read more: source

As far as hotels are concerned, of course, you can stay. Just book a hotel at your convenience from places like Trivago etc

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.