I just got a USA tourist visa and I'm going to Mexico soon. I would like to know if I can cross the border to go to the USA (California), knowing that I have stated in my DS-160 form that I intended to go to New York. Note that my question is about entering the USA not Mexico.

  • What is your citizen? I am Brazilian and I got an USA B1/B2 Visa to go to Iowa. However, after that I already have been in other states in US.
    – Marcel P.
    Dec 19, 2017 at 13:23
  • 1
    Possible duplicate of Do I need a Mexican visa with my US valid visa to travel to Mexico?
    – Suncatcher
    Dec 19, 2017 at 13:49
  • @Suncatcher thanks, but my question is about entering the US not mexico.
    – prompt223
    Dec 19, 2017 at 14:01
  • @MarcelP. I am algerian. But have you been first at Iowa with your visa ?
    – prompt223
    Dec 19, 2017 at 14:03
  • First time, it was Iowa. However, I already have been in NY, Chicago and so on...What you said in the interview is important, but plans could change and I am not seeing a big deal. Do you have a US Multiple Entry Visa?
    – Marcel P.
    Dec 19, 2017 at 14:35

1 Answer 1


I believe you will not have any issue. You could apply for a Visa without any plan.

Q: Is it mandatory to have a specific trip (itinerary) planned to get visitor visa? A: No, you can apply even if you have no definite plan to immediately go on trip to U.S. You may intend to go some later date too. But if you are given 6 months visa, you have to go to U.S. within next 6 months, else it will expire and you will have to apply for new visa. If you get 10 years visa, it is not mandatory to go to U.S. within a specified time period. You can go to the U. S. anytime within next 10 years.

Source: immiHelp

You must log in to answer this question.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .