1

I am considering backpacking (train/bus/boat) from Jakarta to Bali during the few days before and after New Year.

In some countries that would not be a good idea as trains are fully booked (and most restaurants/attractions are close). How about this part of Indonesia? Are there things to be aware of during that period?

  • 1
    There's a volcano on... – Roddy of the Frozen Peas Dec 11 '17 at 1:34
  • @RoddyoftheFrozenPeas: Yes, that's another topic ^_^ – nic Dec 11 '17 at 1:37
  • The volcano might make any answers based on previous experiences than accurate, tho. – Roddy of the Frozen Peas Dec 11 '17 at 1:39
  • @RoddyoftheFrozenPeas: 95% of the route is very far from the volcano, the biggest consequence I could see is more people using non-plane transport. I could just cancel the remaining 5% if there are still problems with the volcano in 3 weeks. – nic Dec 11 '17 at 1:47
0

That's cool!

New year and Chrismas are not massive events in Java island. There will be more people than usual on the road, but nothing compared to the "Balik Kampung".

It will be school holiday and Chinese population might be in christmas holiday in their familly. But for most people, this is business as usual.

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.