My brother will travel to the United States next summer and he plans to spend two nights in Las Vegas. I'm sure he and his friends would be delighted to play a bit in a casino and I would like to make it possible by "reserving" some chips for him for Christmas.

Do you think it is possible for me to reserve some online (outside the US) so that they have some kind of voucher to show in exchange for chips when they arrive in Vegas ? If so, could you recommend me trustworthy websites on which I could make the reservation ?

  • 3
    I'll be pretty surprised if this is possible. Casino chips are basically equivalent to cash, so any system for sending / "reserving" casino chips would effectively be a money transfer service, like Western Union, and would be subject to all the same fraud and regulatory concerns, while having a much smaller customer base. As such, I think your best option would be to simply give him cash, and let him buy chips when he arrives. Dec 9, 2017 at 14:41
  • 7
    In other words, the "voucher" you are seeking looks like this. Dec 9, 2017 at 14:43
  • You cannot obtain chips outside of a casino, or remotely, but you can buy gift certificates, online. They're not generic; you would have to do it directly with a specific casino in Vegas.
    – Giorgio
    Dec 9, 2017 at 16:58
  • Thank you @Giorgio! I think this is what I am looking for. I'm going to check this out.
    – Lantian
    Dec 10, 2017 at 13:46
  • 1
    @Giorgio: Are you sure about the gift certificates / cards, and if so, can you post some links? In particular, are you certain that you can get certificates that can be used to buy chips? I searched for "[casino name] gift certificate" for a few of the big casinos, and I found either (a) no results, (b) dodgy third-party sites selling generic Visa gift cards, or (c) official gift cards with disclaimers "cannot be used for gaming". Dec 11, 2017 at 14:49

1 Answer 1


Contact the casino in question directly. Explain to them your motivation. It is possible they can make arrangements directly with you to fund his gambling activity up to a certain amount.

Note that in order to do this, the amount might need to be significant. If the intention is just a few hundred dollars or less, it will be more practical to give him US cash.

You must log in to answer this question.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .