My US company offers technology training. A UK company has contacted us and would like to bring one of our people over for a week to train them onsite. Does the trainer need a work visa? If so what kind?

marked as duplicate by Moo, Giorgio, Ali Awan, Hanky Panky, user67108 Dec 8 '17 at 11:32

This question has been asked before and already has an answer. If those answers do not fully address your question, please ask a new question.

  • Just to clarify: the UK company will sign a contract with the USA company, and then the USA company pays the trainer in its usual course of business, right? – Andrew Lazarus Dec 7 '17 at 17:56
  • Yes. See the following question and answer for some excellent advice travel.stackexchange.com/questions/77241/… – Moo Dec 7 '17 at 18:10
  • @Moo while that thread is certainly helpful, I don't think this is a duplicate. Teaching a paid training course is different under UK rules than speaking at a conference. Thus duping this question to that one would, in my opinion, be misleading and confusing. Yes, the distinction was discussed there (and ended up being decisive), but one has to read quite far into it to figure that out. I think a clear answer to this question here would make for a better resource. – user35890 Dec 8 '17 at 9:54

Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.