I am non-EU citizen and I arrived in Italy a month ago for my studies. I wish to travel to Belgium to visit my boyfriend over the Christmas holiday, yet my resident permit is still not out. Will I be able to travel with only my passport and visa without the authorities asking for my resident permit?


If you have a Schengen Visa, you are allowed to go to any Schengen area with only your visa and passport until it is valid.


If you have Italian national visa type C or more likely D you can travel around Schengen area with no fear. Usually inside Schengen area passport is needed only to prove your identity.

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.