I am Egyptian. I will travel to Georgia in February. I have the visa for Georgia and I would like to cross from Georgia to Turkey by bus. Do I need a visa? And if so, where should I get it? Egypt or Georgia?

2 Answers 2


According to the Turkish website about visas, Egyptian tourists do need a visa for Turkey. So far I didn't find details like whether you have to pay, how much, and what duration the visa lasts for.

There is a Turkish embassy in Cairo, so you should apply there for your Turkish visa.

  • 1
    There is a Turkish embassy in Tsbili. @sarah-maklad would need to apply for a Turkish visa at a Turkish embassy, not an Egyptian one. She could do this in Cairo, but may also be able to do it in Tsbili.
    – imoatama
    Nov 21, 2016 at 1:14
  • @imoatama: How right you are! I don't know how I could've made such a silly mistake. I'll strike out the middle paragraph. Nov 26, 2016 at 15:06

You need visa to Turkey as per the Consulate website https://www.konsolosluk.gov.tr/VisaInfo/Index

Ordinary passport holders may obtain their 30-day single-entry e-Visas via www.evisa.gov.tr, provided that they have a valid Schengen or USA, UK, Ireland visa or residence permit and that they travel to Turkey with Turkish Airlines or Egypt Air.

Besides, those ordinary passport holders who are under 20 or over 45 years old may get their 30-day single-entry e-Visas via the website www.evisa.gov.tr.

On the e-visa site for Egyptian passport there is a condition for the e-visa

  • I have a round-trip ticket with Turkish Airlines, Pegasus Airlines, Onur Air or Egypt Air.

However my experience while traveling last month to Sabiha airport with NileAir, e-visa was accepted!

If you want to be on the safe side you can apply for visa at Embassy (Cairo or Alexandria) and you can get the visa in 3 working days. To do that check the visa page https://www.konsolosluk.gov.tr/Visa and fill application online and upload all required documents then schedule an appointment.

  • Biometric Photo
  • Documents attesting to the income status of the applicant and inviting person
  • Flight Reservation
  • Hotel Booking or Invitation
  • Supporting document on the applicant's commitment to return (Land registry, business certificate, salary table, bank account statement)

You must log in to answer this question.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .