I am an Indian citizen, residing in Japan, having permanent residency in Japan. I am planning to visit Hong Kong via South Korea.

I want to break my journey in Seoul for 2-3 days on the way to Hong Kong (Osaka, Seoul, Hong Kong, Osaka). Can you please guide me on this issue?

Will I be granted a 30-day transit visa at Seoul airport upon arrival, since I am in transit, going onward to Hong Kong after 3 days, and having PR in Japan?

  • 1
    I'm not sure I understand your question. Could you please clarify?
    – JoErNanO
    Dec 6, 2017 at 7:56

1 Answer 1


No. The 30-day exemption is only valid for people with a visa/residence permit from Australia, Canada, New Zealand, or the USA. Japan is not in the list.


You must log in to answer this question.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .