I got fined 3 years ago in Hong Kong for dropping a cigarette butt on the ground. I never paid that fine, and I wonder if I would have problems when entering Mainland China due to that fact.

  • 1
    Why is this question getting downvotes? This seems like a perfectly reasonable question. One question I have for the OP: Do you have a valid (Mainland) Chinese visa right now? – Robert Columbia Nov 22 '17 at 14:33
  • My final destination is another asian country, but I transit at Beijing airport for 20h, so I was planning to visit the city with no visa, since its possible for less than 72h... – mikelweb Nov 23 '17 at 8:27

No, you wouldn't. Hong Kong and China are two different jurisdictions, on which HK law does not apply to China, and vice versa (with exceptions).
Anyway, you should pay that fine in someday so that you don't have any trouble when you will visit HK in the future.

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.