My family and I were given refugee status in Malta. Can I work and live with my family in Ireland using those refugee status documents?

closed as off-topic by choster, o.m., Michael Seifert, Ali Awan, Giorgio Nov 21 '17 at 19:23

This question appears to be off-topic. The users who voted to close gave this specific reason:

If this question can be reworded to fit the rules in the help center, please edit the question.

  • 3
    Why have you tagged your question 'canadian citizens'? Are you a Canadian refugee in Ireland (seems unlikely)? Have 'the same right' as who/what? – brhans Nov 21 '17 at 14:59
  • 2
    Which country issued the refugee status document? – user16259 Nov 21 '17 at 14:59
  • It was issued to me and my family in Malta – Anthony Richard Nov 21 '17 at 15:07
  • @brhans, I guess the OP didn't find a relevant tag, and, since one tag is mandatory, chose arbitrarily. – ugoren Nov 21 '17 at 15:15
  • @ugoren - Ireland, Refugees - didn't really try very hard did they? – brhans Nov 21 '17 at 15:20

As I understand it, you received refugee status in Malta and now you want to emigrate to Ireland without additional visa or residence permits? The answer is "no."

You can apply for permission to emigrate to Ireland. Such questions are best asked on Expatriates stack exchange.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.