I am in the UK on a Tier 4 Student visa. Would I need a Schengen visa to travel to European countries? And if so, can I apply from within the UK?

  • @Newton: not a duplicate, since an UK visa is not a Schengen visa. – Henning Makholm Nov 21 '17 at 2:01
  • my bad, mis-clicked – Newton Nov 21 '17 at 2:47

A UK residence permit does not exempt you from a Schengen visa. So if your nationality requires one, you need it.

You can, of course, apply through an embassy in the UK

  • 1
    For reference, here's a list of the countries whose citizens do not require a visa to enter the Schengen area. – Michael Seifert Nov 21 '17 at 17:45

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.