I was banned to enter Australia for 3 years for overstaying. I was told that the ban only applies to the particular visa I applied for (e601 - ETA). Does that mean the ban doesn't apply to the e600 visa? Or are both e600 and e601 considered the same type of visa?


The re-entry ban fact sheet states that there are two exceptions to a re-entry ban.

  1. Apply for a permanent visa. However,

Re-entry bans are mostly imposed on applications for temporary visas. The ban does not prevent you from seeking a permanent visa, though the Department may consider your immigration history when making future immigration decisions.

  1. Request that the ban be set aside for a single visa application. If granted, after the trip, the ban is still in force.

Requests will only be considered if you can prove there are compassionate or compelling circumstances that affect the interests of an Australian citizen or permanent resident or an eligible New Zealand citizen.

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.