I am from China, and I need go to the UK for three weeks next month. Since a visit or business visa could allow me to enter within 6 months, the visa I obtained will be valid until April.

However, I am going to apply for a General Student Visa in February to study, which means my business/traveling visa will still be valid when applying for the student visa.

As far as I know, one cannot obtain two visas at the same time, so I have two questions:

  1. Which visa type (visit or business) is it better to apply for, the first time going to the UK?
  2. Would it be risky to apply for a student visa if another visa is valid, when applying for the second time?

closed as off-topic by David Richerby, Giorgio, Ali Awan, CGCampbell, SpaceDog Nov 23 '17 at 9:02

This question appears to be off-topic. The users who voted to close gave this specific reason:

If this question can be reworded to fit the rules in the help center, please edit the question.

  • 1
    The type of visa you should apply for entirely depends on your reasons for coming to the UK - a Standard Visitor Visa isnt suitable for many business activities, while a Business visa may restrict non-business activities... – Moo Oct 31 '17 at 3:51
  • 1
    You really should read the following question, which is very similar to yours: travel.stackexchange.com/questions/95790/… – Moo Oct 31 '17 at 3:53
  • the general purpose is to visit but the traveling will also last from 6 month to 2 years, i fear this would make a conflict to student visa – user824624 Oct 31 '17 at 4:18

Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.