My niece and her husband are both working in Dubai, she is a nurse and he is an engineer. I live in Spain we have a house here. They would like to visit me for a short vacation. Do they need a visa to come to Spain? What are the requirements? We are Filipinos. Thank you.


Filipinos require a visa to come to Spain and you should apply at the local embassy for a Short Term Visa

You can find all of the information on the embassy website but to summarize:

  • The fee would be 263 AED per person.
  • Filled and signed application form.
  • An original letter from the local (UAE) sponsor. This may be referred to as an NOC there.
  • Passport meeting the validity requirements.
  • Recent passport sized photograph.
  • Photocopies of the passport along with the UAE visa page.
  • Medical insurance.
  • Proof of residence which in your case would be a "Carta de invitación" stamped by spanish police authority.
  • Proof of financial guarantees.
  • Return ticket booking.

The minimum process time of the application submitted in the UAE is 3 weeks so keep that in mind while making travel plans.

I believe they will need to Book an Appointment with the embassy. Someone correct me if otherwise.

For details you can contact the embassy

BLS International Spain Visa Application Center, I Rise Tower; 16 th Floor, Office # C-9, Barsha Heights (Tecom), Dubai, UAE.Phone: +971 2 5524492 Email: info.auh@blshelpline.com

  • Very helpful information. Thank you very much Newton 😉...
    – user56588
    Oct 26 '17 at 16:36
  • Please mark the answer if it was satisfactory so that the question doesn't remain unasnwered. Thanks.
    – Newton
    Oct 26 '17 at 16:38
  • @user56588 you can click the check mark below the voting buttons to "accept" the answer.
    – phoog
    May 6 '18 at 19:25

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.