What would be a good country to live in for around 2 months, for a family of 3 (myself, my wife and our 2 yo child), assuming my wife would be pregnant at a time with our second child?
Here are requirements I can think of:
- Very good healthcare (in case something goes wrong with my wife or the fetus)
- Preferably an Asian country (as we both like traveling there a lot), but other places are on the table too.
- No dangerous, endemic diseases that could threaten the fetus or our young child.
- Interesting (it's a trip afterall).
- Availability of good internet connectivity (so I can work).
- Bonus points for low costs of living
- Bonus points for countries issuing tourist visa's valid for 2+ months at a time.
A bit of background: I'm working remotely, but my wife owns a business and being pregnant is one of the few cases she could possibly consider traveling for more than 2-3 weeks. We're probably going to do this (assuming I can convince her, that is ;)), but we need to find a place we're both will feel comfortable about (in terms of pregnancy).
During that period of 2 months, we might travel around for a month or so, and stay in one place for another month, where I would work and we would go out in the evenings.