I'm really stuck and worried and wonder if any Australia visa gurus can advise. Any help is much appreciated.
In Australia, on a 417 working holiday visa:
- You can stay up to 12 months and you can work for an Australian company for up to 6 months.
- After 6 months, you must give up the job, get a new visa or don't work at all.
- Currently on a working holiday 417, I am employed full-time.
- No further visa options are available to me (I cannot apply for a new visa).
- I deliver a professional service to the business of which I am an employee. I have my own Australian business ABN, which also delivers that service.
What I want to know is:
- Is it legal if, once my 6 months expires, that employer contracts to me via my own ABN, to do the same job but in a contract role vs. employed full time?
- Surely if I have my own ABN, I can do contract work for anyone without limitation?