it is a particular situation, I am a non EU citizen with a non expired EEA visa issued in the UK where lived with my EU citizen wife for 2 years; for work reasons we moved to the middle east and we are traveling to UK for tourism soon, does the EEA not expired visa still valid even when I've been living for 3 years in the middle east? . Travelling to the UK with the whole EU citizens family, I'm the only non EU citizen. Agin the UK EEA visa hasn't expired still has 2 more years to expire.

  • 3
    There's no "EEA visa" as far as I'm aware. The EEA family permit is issued for six months. Is your document a residence card? What exactly is it?
    – phoog
    Commented Sep 18, 2017 at 19:25
  • Yes, my document is a EEA residence card valid for 5 years as EU family member.
    – Alop
    Commented Sep 19, 2017 at 3:55

1 Answer 1


If you are travelling with your EU citizen spouse and with a valid EEA residence card you do not need a visa to enter the UK as your spouse would be exercising treaty rights: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/entering-the-uk-as-the-holder-of-an-article-10-residence-card/entering-the-uk-as-the-holder-of-an-article-10-residence-card

  • 1
    Thanks for your prompt reply, my concern now is if the residence card is still valid as we left the UK 3 years ago and don't know if any rule aplies on these cases
    – Alop
    Commented Sep 19, 2017 at 9:45

You must log in to answer this question.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .