I shall travel to Mexico and then to the USA with a Lesotho passport. I have a 6 hour layover in London at Heathrow airport out of South Africa.
I have a US visa in an old passport which is still valid until 2019.

  1. DO I need a transit airside visa for London - I will not require to pass through customs/passport control while waiting at Heathrow.
  2. DO I need to have my US visa transferred into my new passport before I leave home? - Nothing has changed, such as my names in the new passport.
  1. No, your US visa allows airside transit in the UK, no matter where you're flying to (see here)
  2. No, just carry both passports, and present both at check-in, and to the US Immigration Officer (see here, "My old passport has already expired. My visa to travel to the United States is still valid but in my expired passport. Do I need to apply for a new visa with my new passport?")
| improve this answer | |
  1. No. https://www.gov.uk/check-uk-visa/y/lesotho/transit/somewhere_else/no
  2. No. The US visa is valid independent of passport validity. Make sure you have an old passport with you.
| improve this answer | |

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.