I'm planning on applying for a Schengen short-term visa. I have all documents required for the application? I'm applying via the Netherlands consulate? Do I have to translate things like bank statements, letter of employment, travel insurance, etc? Even if the form given at the consulate is in my local language (Spanish).

1 Answer 1


I contacted the consulate again (well, not actually the consulate BUT the company that handles the documents reception, etc, VFS Global) to see if they could give me a definite answer. It turned out that the only documents that needed translations are official documents like birth/marriage/adoption certificates, etc. There was no need to provide any translations for the supporting documents. Hope this helps someone.

You must log in to answer this question.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .