This question already has an answer here:

I am a UK citizen, working offshore of Angola. The shipping agent took my passport when I went through the Angolan port authority, to join my vessel. The Angolan authorities have my passport, as my work visa is getting renewed.

Can I go onshore into Angola with my seaman's book and wait in a hotel for the return of my passport?

Edit: i am not joining a vessel. I am remaining on land in the country without the visa

marked as duplicate by Kate Gregory, Ali Awan, Michael, Giorgio, Rory Alsop Sep 9 '17 at 20:05

This question has been asked before and already has an answer. If those answers do not fully address your question, please ask a new question.

  • I am leaving a vessel. Not going onto a vessel and that answer doesn't explain that. – Oyinbo oyinbo1 Sep 9 '17 at 16:32
  • 2
    I believe that the answer should say "join or leave" everywhere it says "join," in which case it should answer your question. – phoog Sep 9 '17 at 16:55
  • Since you already have a work visa and you have already applied for a renewal and they do know about it and you are a seaman it might be possible. Maybe a query to them will answer this? – Hanky Panky Sep 9 '17 at 17:59
  • Perhaps someone who knows for sure can make the edits phoog suggested. – WGroleau Sep 9 '17 at 19:29