I currently live in Germany but I am 2-3 months in Spain a year. I only a a bad DSL connection but the mobile network here is quite good. However, they charge a lot for only little data. As all roaming fees were abolished by the European Union this year, I was thinking about buying a SIM card in Denmark or another country where the data plans are incredible cheap and then use the card in Spain (has to be Vodafone). Does anyone know which card would be the best to do this and how to get one?

closed as off-topic by JonathanReez Sep 8 '17 at 15:28

This question appears to be off-topic. The users who voted to close gave this specific reason:

  • "Questions on price-shopping for specific goods or services are off-topic as prices and availability change frequently in many locations. See: What is a shopping question?" – JonathanReez
If this question can be reworded to fit the rules in the help center, please edit the question.

  • Note that the free roaming access is meant to be only used for travel related reasons, therefore the law allow providers to limit your data if they find you're not really using their plain locally. Most providers I found already have it in their T&Cs how they limit access if they find you're using their product mostly from abroad – SztupY Sep 7 '17 at 15:30
  • @SztupY I am curious to see how it works in practice, for someone travelling for a couple of months, it may not matter. You could even get a new SIM card the next year. – Relaxed Sep 7 '17 at 18:20
  • @Relaxed thats the plan – Mark Sep 7 '17 at 18:23
  • Most providers I saw have a 2-3 month window, where if you use your phone abroad more than locally, the next month they will start charging you for usage, so you probably need a new sim every 3 months – SztupY Sep 8 '17 at 8:27
  • Whatever is "best" will fluctuate a lot when any of the 30 countries that participate in free EU roaming change their prices and T&Cs. Therefore this is a very wide price shopping question. – JonathanReez Sep 8 '17 at 15:29

Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.