I have a Jamaican Passport and a Updated Permenant Resident Card and I will be needing to travel to the United Kingdom for a total of 7 days . What other documents do I need for this trip ?


To visit the UK for tourism purposes, The holder of a Jamaican passport needs a visa.

It is your "nationality as shown on your passport or travel document" which matters. So far as I know, being a resident alien in the US does not confer any non-visa status or visa-waiver status.

I think that, although useful when re-entering the US, the permanent resident card is not regarded as a "travel document" you could use to enter the UK. Even if it were, it would not alter your nationality.

  • +1, you can make it clear that the Green Card means doodly-squat and they will not be able to board the flight.
    – Gayot Fow
    Sep 4 '17 at 16:52

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.