I just finished my university. I am doing an internship, I am also the possibility to find an entry level position in IT in 'great country' but I have 1 year of experience in computer security / offensive security. I have not worked in the area but I have had many practical exercises in virtualized environments.

Should I go to great countries such as France, Canada, USA , Germany, UK? I will soon be an engineer in computer science with specialization in computer security / cyber security. I have nothing, not even a passport, but even if I had a visa it does not help me if I go to work. I speak English and others.

  • Are you talking about a gap year? Or do you want to find an entry level position in IT in 'great county'? Where are you studying now? China? Brazil? Unclear. Close voting. – Gayot Fow Sep 4 '17 at 3:49
  • It's not clear that this is a travel question. – Jacob Horbulyk Sep 4 '17 at 4:30
  • I meant the way to find an entry level position in IT in ''great county'', should I stay a little bit more or should I go abroad to the adventure? – user59658 Sep 4 '17 at 5:32
  • @AronImperial, if you are young and you can afford it, taking a gap year is a good idea. See the world, see different societies, travel. If you are looking at your professional development, finding a job might be better. But you shouldn't see an entry level job as adventure, that's the wrong way to go about it. – o.m. Sep 4 '17 at 8:26
  • Would the close voters care to explain how this is a question about being an expatriate? It's a purely opinion-based "Where should I go on holiday?" question. – David Richerby Sep 4 '17 at 8:41

A number of Western nations have programs for highly skilled graduates, including the EU Blue Card.

  • If a company is willing to hire you for 1.5 times the average annual salary, you get a work visa. For details, please ask at Expatriates StackExchange.
  • You might be able to get a visa as a jobseeker, which might be on topic here. That requires a degree from a reputable university. It might be on topic here, because it isn't about permanent migration, but I guess expats can help you better.

You will need a passport to apply to a visa, so getting started with that now is a good idea.

| improve this answer | |