I'm 14 and traveling to Israel by myself. I have a layover in Toronto for 9 hours. I'm using Air Canada and do not have the unaccompanied minor service. Am I able to leave the airport and come back with ease?
Canada specific answer
Assuming all of the following:
- you meet the Canadian eTA/transit Visa requirements (if applicable)
- You posses the documents required for a minor traveling alone
- There is an airline which is willing to transport you outside of their unaccompanied minor service
- You are not traveling as part of the airlines unaccompanied minor service
- You are not traveling as part of the TWOV program or CTP
Then there is nothing forcing you to remain inside the airport. (Transit Visa holders can leave the airport during that transfer.)
There is a separate question on whether or not it is reasonable for/should a 14 year old leave the airport. I'm not going to provide an opinion for that question.