I am a Canadian/Polish citizen. I am currently living in Germany as a student - and have been for the past 2 years. My studies end at the end of October, and I am planning to go to Tanzania directly from Germany for a holiday. After this I will be returning to Canada (flight: TANZANIA-QTAR-FRANKFURT-VANCOUVER).

I require travel insurance for my trip to Tanzania. I have already called my Credit Card company, and they informed me that I am only covered for 21 days which starts when I leave my province. In other words, no good there (since I've been in Germany for 2 years).

I am quite confused what insurance I should get, and even more confused to what I should put for the country I reside in on the online forms.

I have checked out: https://www.worldnomads.com, and they define this as "The country where you can be repatriated to in a medical emergency under this insurance where, if necessary, you can receive on-going medical care after this insurance ends." -- I guess this is Canada? I still have medical coverage there - being a citizen and all.

I am seeking some advice, because I want some peace of mind that if something does happen (knock on wood) I am covered. I know these insurance companies are pretty nasty sometimes. I don't want them to be - oh but you haven't been in Canada in 2 years... blah blah... or something.

Also, what insurance companies would you recommend for my situation? Is worldnomads.com any good?

Thanks a bunch!

closed as off-topic by Giorgio, Ali Awan, Some wandering yeti, David Richerby, choster Aug 31 '17 at 3:24

This question appears to be off-topic. The users who voted to close gave this specific reason:

  • "Questions on price-shopping for specific goods or services are off-topic as prices and availability change frequently in many locations. See: What is a shopping question?" – Giorgio, Ali Awan, Some wandering yeti
If this question can be reworded to fit the rules in the help center, please edit the question.

Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.