I am a non-EU national, with a valid Titre de Sejour in France (which is a long-term residency visa).

My passport has expired and it takes time to update it. Can I travel (for one week) within the Schengen area with Titre de Sejour only, or perhaps together with an expired passport?

In this website, it's stated that both a valid passport and a visa/residency-card is needed.

  • 2
    Where in the Schengen area are you going? In some countries you're legally required to have a valid passport on your person at all times.
    – phoog
    Aug 28 '17 at 21:54
  • Sweden. Do I need a valid passport with air travel?
    – patrick
    Aug 28 '17 at 22:55
  • ID requirements for internal Schengen flights are determined by the airlines. Some will require a valid passport; others might not.
    – phoog
    Aug 29 '17 at 4:02
  • I see. You mean there is no ID control by airport staff for internal EU flights, other than airlines?
    – patrick
    Aug 29 '17 at 6:15
  • I think that varies by airport or by country. I'm waiting even as I type at the gate for a domestic flight in Greece. I showed no ID at the security screening, only my boarding pass. But I couldn't say that the same would be true for all internal Schengen flights.
    – phoog
    Aug 29 '17 at 13:22