I'll be making a move to Auckland, New Zealand soon.

I am a UK Permanent Resident holder.

I understand that if you are away from the UK for 2 years or longer then you lose your 'Indefinite Leave to Remain' and then have to apply for a 'Returning Resident' Visa (how would I qualify for this?).

If I return to the UK for a week and then return to New Zealand within the 2 year time-period, do I get 2 more years?

Also, for context, I have been living in the UK for >13 years. I have grown up in the UK from the ages of 12 - 26. A lot of my closest friends live here but none of my family.

Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.