How do you get to and from Arlanda Airport? Are there busses, trains or even flights connecting Arlanda with Stockholm? Is it possible to take a taxi to Stockholm?
Yes, there are several options.
- Taxi: There are always taxis available outside the terminals. A ride to the city center is about 500 SEK (approximately 50 EUR). The ride takes 30-60 minutes depending on the amount of traffic.
- Flygbussarna (airport coaches). Has several routes depending on what part of Stockholm you're going to. A single ticket from Arlanda to Stockholm city is 99 SEK (approximately 10 EUR). The ride takes 50-60 minutes.
- Flixbus. Pretty much the same as Flygbussarna but cheaper. Tickets start at 39 SEK.
- Public transport in Stockholm (1): You can take a bus to Märsta, followed by a regular commuter train to Stockholm City. Note that if you buy e.g. a 72-hour ticket for unlimited travel in Stockholm, going to Stockholm City this way is included. It also takes the longest time, 75 - 90 minutes depending on the connections.
- Public transport in Stockholm (2): You can pay to access the commuter trains immediately at Arlanda. This costs 150 SEK (approximately 15 EUR) for a single ticket including passage, and the ride takes 40 minutes.
- Arlanda Express, a train departing up to six times per hour. An adult ticket is 280 SEK (approximately 28 EUR) and a youth ticket is 165 SEK. The ride takes 20 minutes.
The information on wikipedia's page on Arlanda is good. In short: there are buses, commuter trains and high speed trains.