How do you get to and from Arlanda Airport? Are there busses, trains or even flights connecting Arlanda with Stockholm? Is it possible to take a taxi to Stockholm?
Yes, there are several options.
- Taxi: There are always taxis available outside the terminals. A ride to the city center is about 500 SEK (approximately 50 EUR). The ride takes 30-60 minutes depending on the amount of traffic.
- Flygbussarna (airport coaches). Has several routes depending on what part of Stockholm you're going to. A single ticket from Arlanda to Stockholm city is 99 SEK (approximately 10 EUR). The ride takes 50-60 minutes.
- Public transport in Stockholm (1): You can take a bus to Märsta, followed by a regular commuter train to Stockholm City. Note that if you buy e.g. a 72-hour ticket for unlimited travel in Stockholm, going to Stockholm City this way is included. It also takes the longest time, 75 - 90 minutes depending on the connections.
- Public transport in Stockholm (2): You can pay to access the commuter trains immediately at Arlanda. This costs 150 SEK (approximately 15 EUR) for a single ticket including passage, and the ride takes 40 minutes.
- Arlanda Express, a train departing up to six times per hour. An adult ticket is 280 SEK (approximately 28 EUR). The ride takes 20 minutes.
The information on wikipedia's page on Arlanda is good. In short: there are buses, commuter trains and high speed trains.