My mother will be accompanying me for my travel to Canada. I have a PR visa, but she will have to take a visitor visa. What should be written as the purpose of her visa? Is "Tourism" the right purpose or should I write as "Others". Writing 'Others' as the purpose asks for the submission of a letter of invitation, but there is no one presently in Canada who can give the letter of invitation. I will be landing for the first time as an immigrant.

  • Well... why is she going to Canada with you? Yes to visit, but why? To be a tourist? To work? To study?
    – Michael
    Aug 15 '17 at 13:27
  • She is accompanying me while I settle there. I am going there as a landed immigrant. She is coming there to help me out in my initial 2-3 weeks as I have no one there. After that she will go back. Aug 15 '17 at 14:42
  • Tourism is totally fine. She's just visiting to look at the place and see relatives (you). She's not planning to work or study.
    – Mark Mayo
    Aug 16 '17 at 10:12

Her purpose is 'Tourism', hence use that on the application. That's all there is to it.

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.