6 events
when toggle format what by license comment
Jul 30 '18 at 0:32 comment added phoog You're not really supposed to get an ESTA (note spelling) if you're a US citizen, but if they issue it after you disclose your US citizenship you can do that too.
Jul 30 '18 at 0:29 comment added Trish Your suggestion to take my original marriage cert is a good one. I'll do that too.
Jul 30 '18 at 0:29 comment added Trish What I thought might be necessary is to book the flights in my Maiden name. Then travel out of Aust on my aust passport with etsa via. When entering the US enter on my US pp as I don't think it will matter that the name is different to my airline ticket at that stage? Will it? Then when I leave the US I am confused if I need to present my US passport again or just use my Aust passport as that is where I am heading? I will need to present my Aust pp when I book into the flight as that is the name on the ticket, but when I exit the US customs which pp do I present then - US, Aust or both?
Jul 30 '18 at 0:26 comment added Trish There are limitations to Australian change of name rules and one important one is that it is all State by State based. If you haven't lived in a state for less then 12 months you can't apply and that is our case after moving from NSW to Vic this year. Hopeless.
Jul 30 '18 at 0:25 comment added Trish What I expected to do was to simply travel on my aussie passport with its etsa visa. That is because I can only book my airline tickets in the aussie name at this stage.
Jul 29 '18 at 23:46 history answered phoog CC BY-SA 4.0