Tag Info

Hot answers tagged


Your first port of entry does NOT need to be the country which issued you a Schengen visa. When deciding which country to apply for a visa, this is determined by which country you're spending the most time according to your filed itinerary. Once the visa is issued, it does not matter what country is your point of entry. Technically, you should also stick to ...


Technically yes, the terms under which a Schengen visa is issued require you to have health insurance up to a certain amount of coverage. You may be asked for proof of this in the form of health insurance documents when you're entering the Schengen zone and/or at any passport control checks. In practice though, it is unlikely that you will be asked to ...


I had a multiple-entry Schengen visa issued by the German embassy. My first port of entry by air was Switzerland. I was admitted to enter the Schengen states through that port of entry. I once travelled by road from London to Germany. I had a German Schengen visa too. My first port of entry was France. I was admitted into the Schengen states through France ...


Is his visa valid only in UK and Estonia? I know about some cases, where visas were issued only for specific country, but in most cases, the visa is issued for whole Schengen area. If your husband has visa valid for Schengen area, then he will be able to travel to any country in the area, including Spain.


I have never been asked for that on European Airports Check points. They usually ask you Where you're going What you're going to do How long you will stay. Sometimes they even ask you to show them your returning back tickets or reservation. I once saw a police asking a person to show him how much money this person got. It really depends on how the ...


According to Timatic you don't need a visa to transit through (picked Austria as a transit point). TWOV (Transit Without Visa): Visa required, except for Holders of onward tickets in transit. *Note: TWOV is not possible when arriving from a non-Schengen Member State AND departing to a Schengen Member


Short answer, No. I did almost the exact same thing in the past. I had a French long stay visa and entered the Schengen Region thru Amsterdam and then traveled to France via Train. As long as you have a valid Schengen Visa, you should not have a problem at any Schengen port of entry.


As far as my knowledge goes, (and it goes far because I am staying in UK on a visa, so Europe's kinda' my backyard!), when applying for the visa you just have to think one thing: Which is going to be the most important and longest stay destination of your trip? That pretty much answers your question. Having said that, common sense prevails from that point ...


I assume you have Schengen Visa Type (C), which is valid for short stay for: Tourist Business You can use your visa as a tourist, there are no separate Schengen visas for business and tourists.


Estonia is a part of Schengen Area, as he has visa to live and work in Estonia that visa will allow him to visit other states within the area without the need to apply for another visa.


Practically speaking, while most Schengen countries are quite lax about visas, some are extremely picky. For example, there are lots of reports that the Finnish consulate in St. Petersburg systematically reprimands local applicants for 'illegitimate' usage of Finnish ME visas for traveling to Europe instead of Finland - sometimes by issuing a warning, ...

Only top voted, non community-wiki answers of a minimum length are eligible