Hot answers tagged thessaloniki
Apparently OASTH has added a direct line from Macedonia Airport to the Chalkidiki KTEL. The line's number is 79A, and it's non stop. I'm not sure if the line is only for the summer, it might make sense to send OASTH an email and verify the line will be in service when you plan to arrive in Thessaloniki. Getting from Thessaloniki to Vourvourou with ...
Aegean Airlines currently has direct, return flights on these specific dates for €241.87 (including taxes and luggage). Olympic Air on the contrary is more expensive and flies through Athens. I believe the Aegean price is difficult to beat.
There isn't much of information available, but I could find one sentence that may help you: Hundreds of trucks go daily from the port town of Igoumenitsa, in the north-west of Greece (coming with ferry from Italy), Istanbul and other Turkish destinations. 99% of these trucks will be driven by Turks and sometimes Iranians too, and the remaining 1% ...
Norbis Travel in Thessaloniki is one option (Lonely Planet suggests there are others) Telephone: 2310287721 The bus does not depart from a regular Thessaloniki bus station but from Makedonikis Aminis 7. It goes only once per week on Mondays at 7:30 am. The price is € 120. The trip takes 36 hours from Thessaloniki. (I will keep the bounty open since I ...
While trying to visit the office of Borjomi Travel above, I found yet another travel agency practically next door with a bus departing on a different day: NOUGZARI TOURS Thessaloniki address: Fillippou 37 Thessaloniki hone number : 2310 239 080 Athens address: Ynonos 302 / Omonoie Square Email: firstname.lastname@example.org One way price : € 80, Return price : ...
OK after even more research and legwork I have reached some generalizations (any of which may be wrong so please correct me): There are not actually bus companies operating buses between Greece and Georgia, but travel agencies chartering buses. A bus departs Greece headed for Georgia each day of the week, with one particular travel agency dealing with each ...
Here is a company recommended by a Georgian expat friend living in Thessaloniki as the best: BORJOMI TRAVEL Thessaloniki address: Fillippu 39 Phone number : 2310 243 238, Mobile : 693 25 96 441 One way price : € 80, Return price : € 150 Duration : approximately 34 hours Departs : Sundays at 9pm Departs from : Laggada Street near bus stop Ergatikes ...
I can't find a lot of details, but there seems to be a bus. This website states that it goes over Athens to Tbilisi once a week.
You would probably have to talk to one travel agent, or another, and get a price. I saw tickets for about $365 without looking too hard. Is it cheapest? I don't know. You can try a boat, they used to have pretty cheap tickets on ships between Greece and Israel a decade or two ago, but I'm afraid its not as popular as it used to be, so you might not find ...
Hitchhiking in Greece is rare nowadays, but not so uncommon in islands and mountains (between small villages). As another commenter said, there's a popular belief amongst Greeks that it is illegal, but as far as I know this isn't true (but might had been true for a period in the past, hence the myth). Turkish truck drivers are mostly found in Northern ...
Oktavi Travel is going every Wednesday and Saturday from Thessaloniki. The tel. is 2310233964 and 2310566445, and the addresses are Fillippou 35 and Galopoulou 13 in the Xirokrini area.
I found the 79A Bus, if someone other needs any information about the same situation, you can look to the 79A Bus, for more information look here: http://oasth.gr/#en/routeinfo/list/575/78/69/
I don't know about direct, but you could do it in two legs. There are plenty of busses from Tbilisi to Istanbul and then there are more from Istanbul to Thessaloniki which cost around 95 lira.
Only top voted, non community-wiki answers of a minimum length are eligible