Hot answers tagged


If you have a valid Spanish license you may be able to rent a car in the US, however that alone may not be enough. Depending on the state you're visiting, you probably need to also have an International Driving Permit with you. Georgia for example requires that. You'd have to get the IDP from Spain before you leave. There could be other requirements such as ...


Right now, no, you don't need to do anything in advance, Spanish citizens can stay up to 6 months in Canada without an advance visa. However, effective March 15, 2016, they will require an ETA if arriving by air. This will not be required when crossing land borders. The duty-free allowance for Canada when entering from the US is 1.5L of wine per person, ...


Spanish citizens do not require a visa to enter Canada for short-term stays, including transit. The only requirement is that you have proof of onward travel (which obviously you will), and sufficient funds for your stay in Canada (which would be $0 given you are only in transit).


As a Spanish citizen, one does not seem to need a visa to stay in Malaysia up to 3 months (90 days I suppose, the exact number of days is not specified on the website for some reason). The website of the Embassy of Malaysia in Madrid has a very strange page saying first "VISA REQUIREMENT BY COUNTRY, please click the following websites, or www....


The overstay is associated with you, identified by a US passport. Your Spanish passport also identifies you. Maybe they will be able to cross reference the passports, and if they do, the consequences will be serious since you are seen to be knowingly violating your terms of restriction. Are you willing to take that chance?


Try World Nomads. I plugged in your information and the quote came out to be ~400 Euros for 6 months for a Spanish resident. A Uruguayan resident would pay slightly more. 3 months would cost ~230 Euros. I use World Nomads every time I travel, but I've never had to make a claim. From the research I've done, mostly the Thorn Tree forum on Lonely Planet's ...

Only top voted, non community-wiki answers of a minimum length are eligible