Tag Info

Hot answers tagged


They are called "groynes". A great addition to anyone's vocabulary http://onelook.com/?w=groyne&ls=a It is pronounced the same way as groin (i.e., as a diphthong that rhymes with 'loin'). Briefly, they are man-made structures designed to break the waves and thereby prevent erosion of the coast. They are all over the Med in places where the tide ...


Any gate at Sea-Tac is reachable from any other gate without passing through TSA security again. You can walk between concourses A, B, C, and D, but if you are traveling to or from the N or S gates, (you should be as they serve international flights) which are in separate buildings, then you can't walk; you must take the train. You will see signs directing ...

Only top voted, non community-wiki answers of a minimum length are eligible