Tag Info

New answers tagged


Since all the romanian politicians agreed Romania does not need motorways/freeways, these are short and far apart. So, plan for an average of 60Km/h (37mph) on most roads. The main roads between larger cities were upgraded to expressways in the last 10 years but since it is an upgrade, you'll often find bicycles, tractors, horse-drawn carriages on them. If ...


You will not be able to travel the fagaras mountains in October. The Transfagarasan is closed due to snow so the only way to get up there and to balea lac is by the cable car. The weather up in the Transyvania area will vary between cities and villages depending on their altitude but in cities like Brasov, Rasnov, and Sighisoara you can expect nice clear ...


Well, if train is not an option you can take a bus. This company: http://marina.autogari.ro/index.php runs buses from Bucharest at 17:00, arriving 05:00 next day. Be warned however that if you find trains a bad option then you might not like this bus either. Here is a testimony from another site: ...


Answers to both questions are found on the website of the Romanian embassy in the UK under the section "consular services, visas" In short they are: 1 - yes that's correct. 2: You may apply for or collect the Romanian Visa, in person, based on prior appointment, TUESDAY from 14.00 to 15.00 hrs or FRIDAY from 10.00 to 11.00 hrs (excluding public ...


You can fly to Targu Mures with Wizzair (can be as low as 5990 HUF around 20 EUR, I see that for sep 30 https://wizzair.com/en-GB/TimeTable/Budapest?arrivalIATA=TGM) and take the bus (25 lei around 5.7 EUR) from Targu Mures to Cluj. Beats sitting on a bus for seven hours.


I recommend you have a look at rome2rio which find both bus and train connections between those two cities. Trains seem to go every two hours, take 7h of total traveling time and cost €26, changing twice in Püspökladany and Biharkeresztes. Buses are direct either from Budapest Nepliget bus station (easily reachable by metro from anywhere in Budapest) or ...


Yes. It's true, you need to have C/TU visa type. It usually takes from 7 to 15 days to issue a Short stay visa. However, if you are in hurry, you may pay extra fee for an emergency processing (3 days)

Top 50 recent answers are included