Tag Info

Hot answers tagged


Flights to Puerto Rico are considered domestic flights, and US Citizens do not need a passport to travel between the US and any US territories. However, foreign citizens do need a passport to travel between the two, (see answers.usa.gov) so I can't say for certain how a trip like that will affect your Green Card eligibility. Your best bet is to check with an ...


Yes, you do need an ESTA. Puerto Rico has the same visa requirements as the mainland US (= ESTA needed for EU citizens), and like all other US airports, San Juan's airport does not recognize the concept of visa-free transit.


There are no rental car companies that are inside the terminal as such, however there are a few brands that are located on the airport property. All still require catching a shuttle, however the ride is much shorter than to the off-airport locations. Companies with on-airport locations are : Hertz Enterprise/National/Alamo Avis/Budget All other brands ...


Yes. When it comes to ESTA all US territories are treated like mainland US. Therefore you always need to apply for ESTA. I'm from Germany myself and I always needed an ESTA number to transit through the US. Here are two links that should help (auf Deutsch ;) http://esta-usa-visum.de/puerto-rico-guam-und ...

Only top voted, non community-wiki answers of a minimum length are eligible