Tag Info

Hot answers tagged

27

Some Stats I ran some stats for you (from our data on Hostelz.com, a travel website of which I represent) and currently 97% of hostels provide free bedsheets, and the remaining 3% charge a fee. Towels are a different matter. Currently 50.5% of hostels include free towels, 46.9% charge a fee, and 2.6% don't offer towels at all. The History Over the long ...


5

The answer is simple: because they can. It's a good business idea to charge you extra because: It cuts down a bit on their laundry costs, as some travelers will save every penny. It makes their prices more attractive on hostel websites. Because let's face it: many people just end up booking whatever is cheapest. Most travelers won't even notice the extra ...


4

This is a problem of information asymmetry: In contract theory and economics, information asymmetry deals with the study of decisions in transactions where one party has more or better information than the other. This creates an imbalance of power in transactions, which can sometimes cause the transactions to go awry, a kind of market failure in the ...


4

Sometimes you pay per-night for the bed, but per-stray for the bedding. So if you stay for 3 night and reuse the same bedding you only get charged once for the bedding. The separate charging then makes sense, as they are charging you the cost of washing the bedding.


1

In theory, such unbundled (or à la carte) pricing benefits the consumer. Those consumers who are happy to go without bedding (and despite your skepticism, I'm sure some such consumers exist) are not forced to subsidise those consumers who want it. Everyone pays for exactly what he wants and the market works efficiently. It's like those airlines that charge ...


1

As per my research there are several beaches & spots that fit the criteria. I will start by posting one and then add more details on others. Also I will pull information from my notes about suitable season/ months and post them for each. Kuta beach, Bali, Indonesia - November to February Oxaca beach, Oxaca, Mexico - Summer months - Avoid thunder ...


1

When you arrive to Denmark and before making any contract with any company just buy SIM card from Lebara for 10 danish kroner it is about 2 us$ that gives you a phone number and a credit for 10 us$. You can use it and recharge it, it is not binding, no contract no headache, after while when you are in the country you can research for monthly contract offers ...



Only top voted, non community-wiki answers of a minimum length are eligible