Travel Stack Exchange is a question and answer site for road warriors and seasoned travelers. It's 100% free, no registration required.

Sign up
Here's how it works:
  1. Anybody can ask a question
  2. Anybody can answer
  3. The best answers are voted up and rise to the top

I'm a bolivian citizen currently living in Bolivia until November 6th at which point I will join my family in Norway. The Norwegian visa application has been approved, I hold a Schengen visa (already stamped on my passport) to enter Norway and I am supposed to stop by the authorities having jurisdiction in Norway to get the permanent visa stamped on my passport upon arrival.

I will arrive to the UK via Heathrow and will be in transit for 2 hours before I board my flight to Oslo on the same day.

I also have a 10-year tourist visa to the US. Will I need a visa to pass through the UK? If so, which one?

share|improve this question

According to the UK Border Agency, you do need an "airside transit" visa. It appears that this will require a visit to the British Embassy in La Paz, mailing your passport to Brazil, and paying a fee of US$86.

You might want to consider a flight which transits through a Schengen country instead.

share|improve this answer
+1, also for the "Do you need a visa to come to the UK?" tool. Surprisingly clear and useful. – Jonik Oct 2 '12 at 5:41

Your Answer


By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy and terms of service.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.