I'm currently planning a trip with 2 other friends for the beginning of October. We'll be driving all around and may be doing spur of the moment planning, so I just wanted to get a list of locations that would be really awesome for us to visit. Also, I realize this is more of a subjective post, but I didn't know where else to put it.
Some background information:
- We're all over 21
- We definitely enjoy beer
- We love being outdoors
- There are 3 of us
- We'll be on this trip for about a week
- We love trying new food... really any type.
- We don't have a budget, but not trying to do fancy everyday.
Ideas/things we're interested in doing:
- Magic Hat brewery tour in Vermont
- Cape Cod
- Investigating haunted places... any ideas on where to go?
- Visiting historic places... are there ones that we definitely should see? Monuments, forts, Colonial America places
- Kayaking/Whitewater rafting (Heard of cool places in Maine, such as: Pemaquid, Waterville, Kennebec, and Mt. Katahdin)
- Cisco Brewers in Nantucket
- Camping... any ideas? I was thinking along the lines of national parks.
- I know Maine's got to have some cool lighthouses... which one would be the best?
- Places to eat... any extremely famous ones?
So yeah, I know this is pretty broad, but I'm basically looking for ideas/reviews of some of the things I've mentioned. New England is a huge place, so instead of Googling for hours (and missing out on some awesome, low-key places), I figured I'd ask y'all to see if there are any great past experiences. Any information would be helpful!