Travel Stack Exchange is a question and answer site for road warriors and seasoned travelers. Join them; it only takes a minute:

Sign up
Here's how it works:
  1. Anybody can ask a question
  2. Anybody can answer
  3. The best answers are voted up and rise to the top

I am 22 years old and I will be graduating from university in Computer Science in 2013. I went to Canada for one year for a gap year and I absolutely love that place. I know I am only 22 years old and I'm a bit young thinking about immigrating to another country already but I really do love Canada. I feel like that's where I belong, I feel at home there.

I will be graduating next year so I will have be lacking in experience in many areas. What would be the best way to apply for residency in Canada? Should I stay in the UK for a couple of years and gain some work experience and then apply through the skilled workers route? Or should I go through the IEC program, spend one year there with a Working Holiday Permit and use that time to hopefully find a job that will sponsor me?

share|improve this question

closed as off topic by Karlson, mindcorrosive, lejohn, Kate Gregory, Rory Alsop Mar 22 '12 at 20:46

Questions on Travel Stack Exchange are expected to relate to traveling within the scope defined by the community. Consider editing the question or leaving comments for improvement if you believe the question can be reworded to fit within the scope. Read more about reopening questions here.If this question can be reworded to fit the rules in the help center, please edit the question.

I think this would be more appropriate for this site: – Karlson Mar 22 '12 at 19:46
Immigration questions are explicitly off-topic, see the FAQ. – mindcorrosive Mar 22 '12 at 20:07

Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.