As you may have seen in my other posts I am in the early stages of planning my Eurotrip this summer which if you are interested in seeing the planned route go here:
I am trying to decide what sort of gadget I buy to use for communication with home whilst on my journey through Europe.
So far I see myself with four options:
The Tablet PC (iPad, Asus Transformer, Samsung Galaxy);
- Advantages: portable, WiFi, 3G connectivity in some, long battery life
- Disadvantages: expensive, flashy, can't store alot of media e.g. images or movies
The Netbook (Asus EEEpad, Acer aspire, Toshiba, Samsung, Sony)
Advantages: cheaper, keyboard, Wifi, USB, better storage
Disadvantages: less portable, power source to charge?, performance
The Smartphone (iphone, HTC, nokia N97)
- Advantages: connectivity Wifi and mobile network, lightweight, can do music and basic movies, can charge with USB in some phones.
- Disadvantages: not able to store photos backup data, not as capable in tasks like a Netbook or tablet pc.
4- Laptop (Dell, Asus, ALienware :D? )
- Advantages: powerful, storage for photos, games/movies/music
- Disadvantages: flashy = more likely to get stolen, heavy, expensive
If any of you have tried travelling with any of these devices or could recommend a particular type or make then please do so: I like photography so I need something to store my photos in from my memory card
- What is Wifi like in Europe is it popular or just in the main cities?
- Also what is 3G coverage like, would it be worth getting a roaming international SIM card to take with me?