I am trying to plan a month long backpacking trip in April, such that:
- It has either rich cultural heritage or natural beauty. I am after "world class", breath-taking monuments (so for instance I wouldn't consider Armenia - ignoring the fact that its in Europe - even though it has a couple of really nice monasteries). I know its subjective criterion, but I don't really know how to phrase it any better.
- April is a reasonable month to visit (I am thinking mainly about climate)
- Is malaria-free
- Is at altitude <3000m (I will be traveling with small children)
- Is reasonably safe (e.g. I wouldn't consider Syria at the moment)
- Is "exotic" for an European (so I rule out the whole of Europe, USA, Canada, Australia and New Zealand)
I would also like to exclude countries we have visited recently: Morocco, Tunisia, Turkey, Thailand, Malaysia.
I will be traveling from London. Budget is a secondary issue, but we probably can't afford super expensive countries, e.g. Japan.
Hopefully I gave enough criteria to make this question interesting.