Tropical destinations have to be one of the most popular categories, which means there are always deals popping up, so it's hard not to be driven by these deals.
If I'm merely looking at the destination, and not the deals to be had, how do I find out which tropical destination has the attributes that are most desirable to me?
I need help even knowing what questions to ask, but a few which come to mind are:
- What is the hiking like nearby?
- What is the average wind speed like?
- What type of beaches are available (surfing, sunbathing, secluded, scenic)
- What is the water like? (Clear and calm, strong swell, covered with seaweed, etc.)
- Is the water good for swimming? (Counter-example: we took a trip to Broome, Western Australia and found out that basically one shouldn't swim at all during the time of year we were there due to jellyfish/stinger threats)
And once I know what questions to ask about the destination, what is the best method of finding a good match?