Take the 2-minute tour ×
Travel Stack Exchange is a question and answer site for road warriors and seasoned travelers. It's 100% free, no registration required.

I'm not Finnish but I've always wanted to visit and plan to do so for 6 months. While I'm there, I'd like to volunteer through WWOOF.

Is this even possible? I can't find information about visas for this type of situation in particular.

share|improve this question
Asking the organization is always the best idea in cases like this. They will have experience in terms not only of what type of visa is required, but will also often have plans or agreements in place with the government to make obtaining the visa easier. –  Doc Jul 10 '14 at 6:39
It would be helpful if you explain briefly what WWOOF is. –  Nate Eldredge Jul 10 '14 at 7:16
Here's the Wikipedia page. I've suggested to tack on the tag too. –  Nick Stauner Jul 10 '14 at 7:32
@Doc thanks - I'll ask WWOOF and add their answer here. –  mariachimike Jul 10 '14 at 14:13
@mariachimike any success? –  Mark Mayo Nov 18 '14 at 0:44

Your Answer


By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy and terms of service.

Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.